Monday, June 24, 2013

Mer, Monday.

Well,  its Monday. Back to work for me! Not too  much happened over the weekend. In fact, my only plans for the weekend were to go to the grocery store to stock up on healthy food for this week. I didn't make it Saturday and was too lazy to go yesterday. Soooooo, this morning I was really counting on the cafeteria at work to be serving something healthy. I was WRONG. Usually they have at least some kind of bland chicken dish and steamed vegetables. Nope, not today. Today's selections included pot roast junk and some gravy covered chinese stir fry. Neither very appetizing or healthy. I should have gotten something from the salad bar, but instead I opted for a chicken sandwhich and fried mushrooms from the "guilty pleasures" section of the cafeteria (as I like to call it). After I finished my lunch, I actually felt pretty gross. I've been trying to give my body the right kind of fuel lately so maybe this is a sign that its starting to work. I guilty for starting out the week by "cheating" on my diet already but I'm not going to use it as an excuse to put off healthy eating any longer.

I'm headed to the store after work to do the grocery shopping that I had planned to do last weekend. I'm getting the ingredients for two Pinterest recipes that I want to try, Refrigerator Oatmeal and "World's Best Chicken" My boyfriend is coming over for dinner tomorrow and I'm going to make the chicken. My culinary skills sometimes leave something to be desired so the end results of these recipes should be interesting. I'll post pics of the finished products.

No comments:

Post a Comment